Monday, January 19, 2009

Movie Trivia

You know how when you play Monopoly, there is that Community Chest card that says:
You have won second prize in a beauty contest
Collect $10
Everyone laughs and jokes about how it was a one-person contest...
you may blush a little, but nonetheless, you still get your $10.

Last week, I won second place in a contest.

Vision Video had a movie trivia contest where you had to answer 50 ridiculously absurd questions about movies from this past year. A few examples:
  1. In “Forgetting Sarah Marshall”, what vampire musical is performed near the end of the movie?
  2. What is the hairstyle that Zohan gives himself on the airplane in Adam Sandler’s “You Don’t Mess with the Zohan”?
  3. In “Leatherheads”, what college did John Krasinski’s character attend?
I spent a good chunk of time on it, but apparently got all 50 of the questions right. Thus entering me into a drawing in which I claimed second prize.

1st Prize - 42" LCD TV
2nd Prize - Surround Sound System
Everyone else (25 other people) - One Free Rental a Week for a Year

I didn't win a TV. But I did get a surround sound system.

So I took my $10 and went home.

Trivia answers (in case you were wondering): 1. A Taste for Love 2. Frankie Avalon 3. Princeton

No comments:

Post a Comment