Thursday, January 22, 2009

Biscuit

Last night at church, I asked the students to pair up into groups of 3 to come up with either a skit, poem, or rap that exhibits the idea of perseverance. I didn't give any other guidelines, so where they went with this was completely up to them. The 6 groups came back with 3 skits, 2 poems, and 1 rap.

The rap made me cry a little bit from laughing so hard...I only wish I had captured it on video.
However, one of the poems was just as ridiculously awesome, so I thought I'd share it with you.

Ode to a Biscuit
by Emily F., Heather T., and Maisie S.

oh, my dear biscuit
covered in butter and honey
my love for you will endure
i will eat you my dear biscuit

my children will never go hungry
for your yeast will fill them

i love you my dear biscuit
without you life has no meaning
and if for one day i should not have you
i will carry on because i know
one day we will meet again

oh, my dear biscuit
strawberry jam is your color
when i skip down the road of hunger
you meet me there with a loving smile

biscuit...biscuit

biscuit, biscuit, biscuit
oh, how i love you
my dear biscuit

There was also an interpretive dance that went along with this poem.

1 comment:

  1. i about peed my pants listening to the rap. it is a shame we didnt get that on video...it was funny

    -Trish

    ReplyDelete