Tuesday, January 13, 2009

King of California

I watched this movie the other night (well...Trisha did too...kinda...she fell asleep and I had to recap it for her). If you haven't seen it, you should check it out.
A fresh-out-of-the-mental institution father and his emancipated teenage daughter venture together on a quest for an ancient Spanish treasure buried beneath their local Costco in this take on the modern family and the American dream.
- imdb.com
The main character, Charlie, uses a metal detector fervently in search of treasure. He's quirky and he gets on pretty strong kicks throughout the movie. I think I liked it so much because I bought my dad a metal detector for Christmas. . So, besides all of the mental problems, I could totally see my dad doing some of the stuff that Michael Douglas' character does in this flick. So, without ruining anything for you about the movie...check it out if you get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment