Tuesday, November 25, 2008

UGA Basketball

One of my jobs is working with video stuff for UGA sporting events. That includes a smorgasbord of duties on any given day, including running replays, directing, running a camera, etc. With this job comes some pretty sweet perks...including provided meals and being paid to watch basketball...I'm for it.

Nonetheless, Basketball season is among us and that means a lot more opportunities to watch said basketball games.

Now, as to how UGA is going to be this year, I think the jury is still out. I do not claim to be all-knowing in the arena of sports, but I have yet to be impressed by the team. We'll find out soon enough. Our close games with out of conference teams as of late has been pretty lack-luster.

If I want read some good UGA sports opinions, I usually check out what Paul Westerdawg and Quinton McDawg are saying over at http://georgiasports.blogspot.com/

And here's the schedule for all forthcoming basketball games. I'll be there tonight.


***Update - After working the game last night, I came home pleasantly surprised and impressed by the Dawgs (therefore I recant my earlier statement). There is a glimmer of hope. I like the way we look when Trey Thompkins is in the game. He is good...and a freshman. We didn't play the best of teams, but we still executed pretty well.

1 comment:

  1. we are not going to be good...probably worse than last year...trey thompkins is the real deal unfortunately he is about all we have. On a side note one of the white guys on the bench was our starting point guard last year. His name is Matt Bucklin. Great kid and really good basketball player...

    ReplyDelete