Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Pecan Pie

Trisha and I went grocery shopping yesterday.
I've come to a conclusion. We are different shoppers.
When I go to the store...I buy a lot...and by a lot, I mean if I don't come out of there with a 3 digit bill, then I will fill like a failure. But it lasts me for a month...sometimes 2.
When Trisha goes to the store...She buys a little...and by a little, I mean if she can't carry her groceries in her hands in one trip, then she's splurged. That lasts her a week...maybe 2.

Our worlds collided yesterday when we walked through the bakery.
I spotted my favorite...a fresh baked store brand pecan pie. I began to evaluate the pros and cons (aka. "counting the cost" in Christian world).
A few aisles* over, the end display had an Edwards' Pecan Pie mocking me on eye level.
So I stopped and stared...Trisha just laughed as she pulled me away to continue shopping.
On our way to checkout, there was a center display with those little bite sized pecan pie nuggets tarts. I took that as a sign from God that we were meant to be together and I tried to nonchalantly put them in our basket...but to no avail. Trisha informed me that Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I should wait until then when I can eat all I want.

So, all that to say this:

Pecan Pie, I'm putting you on notice. Your uppance will come...Soon.

* I seriously spent about 20 minutes trying to figure out if aisle is spelled right, how to pluralize it, and ultimate making phonetic noises trying to say it...what an awkward word.

No comments:

Post a Comment