Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Honeywagon

Two Sundays ago, a girl at church gave me a crayon drawing of a rainbow.

That same night, in our David's Team activity, I asked all the kids to draw their favorite Bible story on the concrete in chalk. 4 different kids drew a picture of Noah's Ark and the Flood.

At the time, I didn't realize that this was preparing me for my own flood of sorts.

Usher in the weekend full of heavy showers.
As it turns out, a lot of rainwater plus a septic tank placed too high equals impending doom.
As it's been so eloquently put, our toilet got tired of taking our crap and started giving it back.
Six Hours of mopping, vacuuming, and drying makes for a pretty lousy Saturday afternoon.

I just prayed that the rain would stop.

It did.

So bright and early on Sunday morning, I had another visit from my good buddy Darryl Allen of Darryl and Martha Allen Septic Tank Cleaning.
(I say "another" because he had been out once before...two years ago)

Do you know what a honey wagon is? If not, you should.
There you go, now you know. That's what Darryl does for a living.
(It ain't pretty, but somebody's got to do it)

Throughout it all I'm frustrated, but I keep going back to last sunday.
Noah's Ark and the Flood and the Rainbow Promise....
And now...my own flood.

My conclusion:
No matter what floods and storms come your way,
God remains faithful to His promises in scripture.
After a flood, that's a truth worth hearing.

PS. If you click on Darryl's website, they have a CD that they've made of them singing a song about the honey wagon and something about a goat. I consider them must haves of 2003.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you had to go through that...but it really made me laugh!!! Great story! Btw, We used Darrell last year! The honey wagon came to clean our tank before we sold our house to move here. Daniel has a pretty funny story about it... so whenever we see you again, remind him to tell you ;-)
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete