Monday, March 02, 2009

It Snowed...a lot

We were at church...having a covered dish lunch when the flakes started falling. A sweeping gasp of excitement radiated across the room as the rain turned to snow the size of golf balls.

I didn't make it outside to frolic in the snow at church (I had my good shoes on), but once we got home we suited up and crossed the street to engage in some extreme snowball fights.
It really took me back to the good ole days back in 2004.
That actually might have been the last time I got to where my weather boots.

We did build a snowman, though...which come to find out is a lot harder than I remembered. I mean, I've seen a ton of Calvin and Hobbes cartoons where he pumps those things out in minutes.

It took us a good couple of hours...and then it was more of a snow pillar than it was a snowman in the end.

Nonetheless, we spent a majority of the rest of the evening hanging out, making Snow Ice Cream, and playing cards (Rummy and Rook).

No comments:

Post a Comment