Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Mac Stuff

When I graduated college, my parents bought me a Mac Mini. I was hooked. I had dabbled in the world of Mac a time or two and fallen victim to the iPod craze 2 years before when I got my 3G 20gb black and white, but it was at this moment...when I had my very own Macintosh computer that I realized my love for the product.

I do a lot of video editing and it just makes things so simple, so the Mac and Me were just a natural fit...kind of like Alf and the Tanner family. (What a great show)

In recent months, I've really been exploring the Mac World for good programs. I consider myself to be pretty computer literate, however, I do not have the know how to write my own programs...so naturally I look for all the nice programs other people write in true Mac design and flavor.

This past fall, I came across MacHeist. It is this website where apparently a group of people got together and decided to run this advertisement deal where they group together a bunch of sweet programs for the Mac from a bunch of different companies and offer them for a ridiculously low price. This last go round I paid $49 for 13 programs that retailed at about $500. Pretty good if you ask me. With it, I was able to acquire:
Pixelmator - a photoshop-like program ( I like it better)
Cha Ching - pretty to look at and effecient banking program
1Password - to keep all the passwords safe...and remembered
Awaken - alarm clock that really uses the Mac's uniqueness
Snapz Pro X - records any movement on the screen...(think instructional videos)
...and a bunch of other programs that have been great and helpful.

The coolest part...and maybe the geekiest part...is that to get free programs and discounts on the already low price, you can complete missions where they send you sleuthing all over the internet solving this pretty intense puzzle...

All of that to say...you know...Mac's are great. I hope you have one. If you don't, I hope you want one. And if you are looking for some efficient programs for your Mac, then check this stuff out over at MacHeist. And if you decide you want to try out this ooey batch of goodness, then you should definitely use me as your referral. Shameless self promotion? (Maybe) Worth it? (Yes)

No comments:

Post a Comment