Thursday, April 17, 2008

iPod Touche

Well...I figured after I went off on how great Macs are that I should counter that with my latest experience in Macland.

I bought an iPod Touch a few weeks ago. It was a tough decision because they are pretty stinking expensive. I stood in front of the display counter at Target for well over 45 minutes debating both vocally and internally. I talked with my fiance. I called my roommate. I had a lengthy conversation with the electronics department guy. I asked a random lady who was looking for headphones and I would have asked her baby, but she seemed to be busy regurgitating.

I weighed the options (the cost, the size of space, the capabilities, the return policy)...and decided to pick between the Touch and the iPod Classic. I chose the 32gb iPod Touch.

Three weeks later I take it back. Why, you ask? It just didn't cut it for me. I guess I was looking for something more. Sure, there was some aesthetic appeal to it, but overall, it was a waste of money for me. (Touche Apple, you duped me into this one...luckily customer service wins over and I get a refund). So I went back to Target (because the electronics department guy assured me that I could).

I walked to the service department and met Pat. If you've been to Target, then you've seen him. He's always chipper and good at what he does. I've never been to Target when he wasn't there. I walked up and gave him my iPod.
"I'm sorry, we don't accept returns on Zunes"
"Well...it's an iPod," I replied.
"I'm kidding. You should have known when I called it a Zune."
"Yes, I suppose you are correct. You got me."
He then opens the box and when he does, I stand there distraught as the Touch plummets from the box onto the counter at rapid speed and descent. I think to myself, "You had better take it back now." He then proceeds to get on the radio to see what he needs to do with the iPod. As he turns to pirouette ( I suppose this is what he did, because I'm not sure why else he made that move, but it was definitely balletesque)...when he does turn, he slings to iPod out of its box again, this time falling all the way to the floor and sliding several feet from it's landing spot. I can only describe the awful sensation of hearing it slide across the floor as the same feeling I get when I think about someone tripping on asphalt and skinning his hands and knees from the fall. (I just got a shiver thinking about it).

All that to say...when I get another iPod, it will not be a touch. And if you are thinking about getting one, then I would suggest that you definitely not get an opened box one at Target. It's been dribbled across the customer service floor.

1 comment: