Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Comedy Night Done Right

Thursday night is the "strongest night of television"...at least on NBC.
Since the 80s, shows like The Cosby Show and Cheers have graced families with air time together in front of the tube on Thursday evenings. Before my high school days, Seinfeld was the show to watch, because after all, it was a show about nothing. Then Friends entered the scene and captured the hearts of teens and adults alike. 52.5 million television sets tuned in to the finale in May of 2004 (I still remember watching it with some college friends). It really was Must See TV.
Now, we've stepped into a new era with Comedy Night Done Right...which brings me to the best show on television right now...The Office...followed closely by 30 Rock. Both of these shows deliver week after week with content, creativity, and all around ridiculously funny stuff. Sometimes I feel awkward, sometimes I can't stop laughing, sometimes I feel inspired to go and write my own episode. Nonetheless, these shows are, for me, what TV worth watching is all about.
Fact: Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

As a side note. Last thursday, my wife and I watched The Office and 30 Rock with some friends. One of the big parts of 30 Rock was the shameless plug/advertisement for the McFlurry. They claimed it is the best dessert in the world.

Fast Forward to Friday night when Trisha and I are hanging out with a different couple at none other than McDonald's...and we are eating McFlurries. It didn't even register with me until I was half way through my succulent M&Ms McFlurry that we had indeed been duped.

Product placement does indeed work...

No comments:

Post a Comment