Wednesday, December 03, 2008

No Shave

I've completed another year. I wasn't sure how it would go over, being married and all, but it is done. We are three days into December and I've successfully made it through another No Shave November.

In years past, my November has been full of second glances, snickers, and "They let you work with children looking like that?" questions. In fact, last year I had 3 different church members approach me with their wallets open asking me in all seriousness if I needed money to buy a razor.
Here's a picture from 2007.

This year, I thought I'd give it another go. The only stipulation for this go round was that I deemed it necessary to make it a No Shave Goatee November, rather than a full blown beard (if you could call it that). My main reasoning for this is that it would cut my white trashiness down by 50%....not completely...but 50%.

Here's a picture from 2008.

Stunning...I know.
Fact: Brody cannot grow a beard...yet.

However, a good friend of mine can. I saw him from a distance recently and I instantly began to covet his beard growing abilities. In fact, I made him let me take a picture of him before he shaved it, so that I have a goal to work towards. In the meantime, I photoshopped Jon's beard onto my face, just to see what it would be like.

Someday...

1 comment:

  1. That beard is pretty impressive. Your beard may never come my baby faced friend, but now I know one prayer request you'll always have.

    ReplyDelete