Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Videography


In college I was classmates with a guy who's dad cleaned 55 gallon barrels. When he told me this, I immediately pictured someone in overalls and a mullet leaning over the side of a barrel with a sponge in one hand, a hose in the other, and a bottle of Dawn dish detergent turned on its side spilling onto the ground. Upon further explanation, it turns out that this is a pretty big business. I mean, I assume I knew that people needed to get their barrel's cleaned...apparently this was the guy to do it...and he made a pretty good living at it.

Over the years I've found that there are a lot of niches in this world that people need filled. I haven't found all of them, but I've seen a lot. Cleaning barrels is one of them. There are jobs out there that no one thinks of...until they need it. It is because of this fact that I believe shows like Dirty Jobs are fascinating and captivate audiences.

Which brings me to my point. I enjoy videography and over the years I've grown in my knowledge and approach to it. I've been able to shoot weddings and film other videos for people in need that have turned out to be pretty quality productions. Now trying to find my own niche, I've started doing a lot of Wedding Videography for people. It's something that I like to do to help the bride and groom capture the day so they can live it over and over again. That being said...if you are getting hitched...give me a call...

No comments:

Post a Comment