Friday, March 28, 2008

Shipoopi

Trisha, Lyndsey, and I went and saw a play tonight that one of my youth was in. The play was called, The Music Man. The general plot is about a traveling salesman that goes from town to town selling things that he really doesn't have.

In the second act, there is a song that caught me off guard. It's called, Shipoopi.

I giggled for the duration of it. Not necessarily because it is a funny song, but because the word itself...shipoopi...I mean seriously, see if you can make that word come up in conversation 3 times today. I dare you to try.

I'm not quite sure what it means, so I can't really use it in a sentence for you, but here is the 1st verse and chorus, so use the context clues to figure out what it means:
Well, a woman who'll kiss on the very first date
Is usually a hussy
And a woman who'll kiss on the second time out
Is anything but fussy
But a woman who'll wait till the third time around
Head in the clouds, feet on the ground
She's the girl he's glad he's found
She's his Shipoopi

Shipoopi! Shipoopi! Shipoopi!
The girl who's hard to get!
Shipoopi. Shipoopi. Shipoopi
But you can win her yet.
So after listening to the song, I began to think that I'd heard it somewhere before.
Turns out it was on an episode of Family Guy, called Patriots Games. Here's the clip.









I hope your day was brightened by this word.
I also hope you don't shipoopi your pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment