Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Sleeping Arms

In my tossing and turning the other night, I went to sleep on my arm.
My arm returned the favor and "went to sleep" on me.

It's not very funny, nor does it feel good. The best I can describe it is that it's just weird.
I could feel the dead weight hanging off the side of the bed in the early hours of the morning.

My first response was to check and make sure it was still attached...my right hand assured me that it was.
My second response was to move it back on the bed and "wake it up."

Half asleep, I take my right hand and go to grab my left arm from it's dangling position.
I toss it back on the bed.

Suddenly, my arm comes flying towards my head and whacks me in the face...only, I don't realize it's my arm. I think that I've just been accosted.

Remember, I'm still asleep...and so is my arm. Which means, at 4 in the morning my senses aren't at their peak and without feeling in my arm, I feel as though someone has just violated me with a very fleshy foam baseball bat.

I sit up a little bit and look around the room, trying to figure out what...or who just hit me in the head.

It was then that I realized that it is way too early.
It was then that I realized that an arm asleep is really a ridiculous feeling.
It was then that I realized that I am an idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment