Monday, August 31, 2009

My Funny Story of the Day

Here's a guest post for you...Trisha's wanted to write a blog for quite some time. I've tried to get her to start her own thing, but to no avail, so I'm giving her a chance on here...so here it goes.

I have this comment that I make to Brody from time to time asking him if he wants to hear “My Funny Story of the Day”. I often mention that I should blog about some the stories, so tonight I decided to do so.

So, here is My Funny Story of the Day:

I work with this awesome lady named Gwen. Super cool lady, outgoing, personable, LOVES the Lord,..and works in prison ministry…yes, I said prison ministry. Today over our awesome convo, she shared a few amazing stories from her time in the prison ministry. Stories that gave me chill bumps, that made me tear up a bit, and one story in particular that made me laugh…out loud.

One evening she was at a prison in Lousianna just hanging out and speaking with the women there. A shorter, much older, stern looking woman came up to her with a pondering look on her face. Gwen said, “hello” and from there the woman responded with, “I hear you know a lot about the Bible. Well, I got a question for you.” Gwen replied with, “let’s hear what you’ve got.” The lady proceeds to ask this question: “So when I get outta this place…and I get out there and get me a man…what kinda sin am I gonna be committin? Is it adultery? Or fornication? What’s the difference between the two?”

Gwen, pausing, slightly giggling to her herself due to not expecting that blunt or specific of a question, responded with, “It depends. Are you married?”

The woman leaned back, gained her thoughts and said, “Well, I’m a home-made widow, so I guess not.”

Yes, folks…HOME-MADE WIDOW. I laughed. Yes, this woman was in prison for first degree murder of her husband and she called herself a ‘home-made widow’. Too funny.

But it doesn’t stop there.

After Gwen realized the implication behind her statement (and holding back her humor she found in the statement), she then asked, “ma'am, how much longer do you have of your sentence here in prison?”

The woman responded by saying that she received a one hundred year sentence and had a good bit of time left. Gwen’s final response and wisdom to share with the woman was she didn’t think she needed to worry about the difference J

That, my friends (or Brody’s friends) is my ‘funny story of the day’

Thanks and come again.

3 comments:

  1. Trisha, that was indeed a funny story. Write more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Trisha, you should definitely share more funny stories...laughed out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm..ia trisha funnier than brody? or brody funnier than brody? Not sure...but i know one thing. Today is the introduction of the Trody or Brisha...whichever you like..for me its The Trody or the Trode for short (when you all get some little un's.. LOL!

    ReplyDelete