Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Buttons

I was cleaning through some old stuff in my office recently when I came across something...a button.

During college, I got my hands on a Badge-a-Mint machine. It makes buttons. Maybe you've never experienced one of these machines, but for me, it gave me the same sensation that my deep fryer does...whatever it is, deep fry it...whatever it is, button it.

So I made buttons, four of them to be precise. One for each roommate. Andrew, Cal, Matt, & Myself. My thought process was this: 1) We entertained a lot. 2)There were very few nights that we didn't have something going on and our apartment was always buzzing with people. 3) What better way to inform people of who we were and let people feel more welcomed...because after all, what says "Make yourself at home" better than well developed button?

The premise was that we could wear these buttons as name badges whenever we threw parties.
A ridiculous idea? Perhaps. Still worth trying? Absolutely.

Here's the result:

(ps. 2 Doors Down was the name of our apartment)

Good times.

1 comment:

  1. Still have mine, chief. Yes a brilliant idea, and yes, good times.

    ReplyDelete